The Stratford & Area Builders’ Association is the local voice of the residential construction industry.
SABA is the voice for the resident land development, homebuilding, professional renovation and the professionals and suppliers who service the construction industry in Perth County.
SABA is proud to be affiliated with the OHBA and CHBA.
It is our belief that if you offer services in the construction industry membership in SABA helps strengthen our industry and contributes to its ongoing future and success.
SABA is committed to providing a forum for its members to network, share information and experiences, promote ethical building and building practices, be the voice of the construction industry in Stratford and Perth County, better our communities and promote trades to our next generation.
SABA proudly supports RenoMark, the industry standard of excellence for renovators. Consumers can renovate with confidence by employing RM members who have raised the bar by meeting the program criteria and proudly display the RM logo.
SABA endeavours to strengthen objective dialogue with municipal, provincial and federal government to ensure that services and legislation affecting our industry ensure our industry goals and interests.
SABA is committed to educating and training members in building science, product innovation, health and safety through industry partners and stakeholders.
SABA is committed to promoting trades to youth.
CODE OF ETHICS
- members shall comply with all building codes which apply to any construction performed by a member
- members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning
- members shall deal justly with employees, subcontractors and suppliers
- members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers
- members shall cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the association by among other things: interchanging information and ideas, improving building codes, encouraging research on materials and better building practices
- members shall uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate compensation for the services they render
- members shall avoid all conduct or practices that discredit or harm our industry
The Home Builders’ Associations in Canada are organized at three levels — locally, provincially and nationally. All three levels work together to serve our members by keeping them informed, involved and prepared for today’s business challenges.
By obtaining a membership with SABA, you automatically become a member at the provincial and national levels.
CHBA collaborates with public and private agencies to promote housing research and demonstration projects, consumer education programs and national marketing initiatives like New Homes Month and Renovation Month. The national office also provides members with a wide range newsletters, technical and marketing publications, and presents the annual CHBA National Conference and Awards programs.
CHBA members represent every area of Canada’s housing industry – new home builders and renovators, land developers, trade contractors, product and material manufacturers, building product suppliers, lending institutions, insurance providers, service professionals and others.
CHBA activities are centered in three areas:
- Working to achieve a stable business environment for our members.The CHBA is committed to a fair and competitive marketplace, where all members have the opportunity to operate their business profitably.
- Working to promote and protect the interests of consumers.The CHBA believes that all Canadians have the right to decent, safe and appropriate housing. We also believe that all Canadians have the right to a reasonable opportunity to own a home.
- Working to support the professionalism of our members.We believe that skills, experience and integrity are the cornerstones of professionalism. CHBA provides members with opportunities to learn, grow and take pride in what they do.
- John Meinen – Pinnacle Quality Homes – 1st Vice President
- Montana Wilson – MTE Consultants – 2nd Vice President